Tuesday, August 01, 2006

dusting off the blog

i only intended to keep a blog for my austin trip, because it made me feel a little like hunter s. thompson. i've had blogs before, and read plenty more. i'm well-acquainted with the initial, intense burst of writing, the following drought of thoughts and words, and the giving up completely. in the austin trip, i had a complete story arc: beginning, middle and end. and i wanted to leave it that way.

but it's the time of summer when frustrations build, and the longing for something more or new kicks into overdrive. i look back on the past year and a half of working two, three jobs, and see no money saved, no progress made -- a pocketful of good ideas and daydreams, but nothing to really say...

i'd planned on enrolling in parkland this fall, just to take a couple of classes and find my way back into the scholastic vein. that fell through today. my high school transcript isn't enough to get into any classes, it seems. and my academic history at the university is on hold until i take care of some fines and debts. which, up until this point, i had assumed was an accounting error leftover from when i dropped out. but it's not. and i can't afford to pay off my balance before classes start at parkland.

so that's my current, and most brain-consuming, frustration. at the moment. i realize it's not the end of the world, but with the end of my run at plastipak coming quickly and nothing but this head full of ideas and plans to catch my fall, i'm feeling a little lost today.

we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home